Friday, October 22, 2010

not very sensible

well, it seems official - winter is nearly here. the wind has shifted, there's a serious chill in the air, & it's finally time to start layering on the wooly knits. with that in mind, am i being sensible & spending my knitting time finishing up the various projects i have underway (a sweater, a pair of socks, a new winter hat, and a shawl, to be precise)?
i am not.
instead, i'm completely addicted to knitting these...

mini socks!
mini socks!!


& before you start thinking "well, they're wooly socks, what's wrong with that?", i should show you a picture with some sense of scale...

mini sock
they're teeny tiny!!


the pattern is free here - they're meant to be christmas decorations, but i'm planning to use them to decorate the big front window of my studio (it's looking a bit bare & bleak, and needs some added colour before the winter days get too gray).
& not only that, i've already started to spread my new addiction - i've asked the Old Maiden Aunt group on Ravelry to knit some tiny socks out of their leftover OMA yarns & send them in to be hung up in the window. & if you'd like to join in, please do - the more teeny tiny socks, the better!! just post your finished socks in to the studio address - make sure you include a note of your ravelry name and/or email contact details, and in exchange i'll send you a discount code for the web shop. i'm also going to be doing a few random prize draws for tiny sock knitters, to add to the fun.
now, i'd better get sensible, & spend some time knitting my real winter clothes, before the cold really sets in...

1 comment:

arcanethings said...

LOVE these! I totally find tiny things addicting - if you know what I mean! I remember we used to do this thing where you had to collect stuff in a matchbox when I was kid - obsessed just didn't begin to cover it (er, not sure if it's such a good idea to give a glimpse that close into my psyche)!

Can I also say Lilith - that you look absolutely AMAZING with the new hair!! I am always miles behind everyone else.......!!

Marie (Stashsiren - Rav.) ;)))