Wednesday, October 13, 2010

lazy hazy

there's been a definite chill in the air the past couple of days - it seems that with each passing moment, the scottish winter is slowly drawing ever closer. & today, one of the first signs of the approaching winter appeared - the haar.

the haar
view from my window - sea obscured by fog


but sometimes, it's quite nice to have a gentle haze over everything - especially on a day like today, when there was nowhere i needed to be. it's a day to fire up the heating, light some candles, & snuggle up on the couch with a cozy blanket, a big mug of good coffee, a new knitting project (fiona on the fly hat by a black pepper, which will be essential for the upcoming winter weather!)....

lazy day


& a laziness supervisor, who knows everything there is to know about being snuggly.
it's back to work tomorrow, but for now, i'm enjoying my lazy, hazy day.

3 comments:

nowiriknits said...

What a beautiful sight you have from your window!! Reading your post I could almost feel myself wrapped in that cozy blanket, relaxing and knitting...but I realized that I'm in a modern but dark and cold appartment, that the only thing I can see from my window is a line of awful and old flats, and that I'm surrounded by Marlowe and Shakespeare works that should have read for tomorrow...oughhh!! You're lucky!

Cindy said...

I love days where there is no where to be except snuggled on the couch with a warm mug! Enjoy it.

danièle said...

Nice to read from you and happy that you are having some enjoyable moments. I plan such a day today for myself... without the stunning view though.