Monday, December 21, 2009

strangely bereft

last batch


the last batch of this year's yarn club parcels is off in the post! i'm so happy with how everything has gone - it's my first-ever time running a yarn club, and the response has been fantastic. it's quite a worry, this yarn club business - essentially, you're asking folk to fork over a fairly substantial amount of money in advance, without seeing any of the yarns or colourways that they're going to get, on the expectation that you're going to send them something good!! the potential for unhappy customers seems quite high - but the yarn club members have been wonderful, and everyone seems to have liked what they got (& if not, i haven't heard about it yet!!).
& i'm especially relieved that the colourways have had such a great response, considering that they're my 2010 collection (otherwise i would have had to spend my christmas holidays coming up with a new batch of colourways for next year, instead of knitting & eating chocolate...). but now that the parcels have all left the studio, i'm feeling strangely bereft - there seems to be so much more room in the studio now that all the little stashes of club yarn & club extras are packed up & shipped out. and my work schedule is suddenly wide open - no more big batches of club yarn to dye, skein, & label up!
however, there's no time to rest on my laurels - after all, since the club was a 2010 preview, that means that i need to dye up some more of the new colourways quickly, & make sure that there's some in the shop for the start of the new year (which is alarmingly soon - have you noticed?). i'd better get going.....

5 comments:

Alison said...

Congrats on a fantastic club Lilith. And you have certainly earned a break. Enjoy the knitting and chocolate and have a great christmas and new year.

danièle said...

I felt very lucky and fortunate to be part of this wonderful yarn club ! And all the parcels truly showed how nice, generous and talented you are. Thank you very much, dear Lilith.
Merry Christmas and happy New Year !
ps : one of my friends spotted me when I was opening the first parcel on the street, after I retrieved it at the Post Office. And when I met him later, a few days after, he asked me what it was, he was really intrigued : he could not see what it was, but he could see that it was making me really happy ;0)And he barely believed me when I told him it was yarn. He just doesn't know...

Kjirsten said...

The yarn club has been so much fun...and we did not have to worry that we wouldn't like the colors, because all of your colors are gorgeous!!! I can't wait to receive my last club shipment and I hope you consider doing the club again. Keep up the great work, and have a wonderful holiday!!

Karen said...

I hope you can have a little bit of a rest before getting back to club work!! Many congratulations on your success.

fey said...

it was such fun to be a part of this club. but now i am spoilt and greedy and i wants more! ;-)