Thursday, December 03, 2009

my 15 minutes

here's the excitement for today - a crew from newsnight scotland was filming in some of the studios in west kilbride, for an upcoming item about crafting in scotland, with some of us crafters in the west kilbride craft town. i wasn't super-excited about being on tv, but had agreed to be "background" - i thought this would mean a few quick pans over the dyed & drying yarn, maybe a shot or two of the spinning wheel, something nice & colourful that they could use as background for a voiceover, and then they'd move on. alas, i was quite, quite wrong - they were in my studio for about 45 minutes of "could we get some shots of you spinning?" (good thing i wore my nice socks!) and "could you stir this dyepot?" and "could you stand over here & skein up this yarn?" and so on, and so on....

.... and then they asked me to talk. on camera. faint...

so, just in case you need to know when not to watch newsnight scotland, i'll be embarrassing myself on tv at some point during the week of 14th december (i don't know the exact date yet). please avoid all screenings of this show during that week, just in case - i know i won't be watching!!

4 comments:

danièle said...

Aoh, too bad I do not live nearby to be able to catch the program on TV ;0)
I am sure you were great and I hope a lot of people will watch and then tell the unfortunate ones what they missed !

Kate said...

Just think what great publicity this will be for you!

soCherry said...

wow! cool! cant wait to see you!!

Kate said...

I am ridiculously excited already -- just imagine! The piece will be introduced by Gordon Brewer (he's so dour) and then YOU will appear on me tv screen! Did they interview Lorna also?