as you might already know, the Old Maiden Aunt 2009 “homecoming collection” colourways have been going down well. alas, in a few short months, it will no longer be 2009, which means it will no longer be the year of homecoming! so, i’m planning a new collection of colourways for 2010, and am having lots of fun dreaming up new ideas. (don't panic - some of the "homecoming" colourways will be sticking around - but not all of them).
then, something occurred to me. maybe some of you don’t want to wait until 2010 to see the new colourways... maybe (just maybe) some of you might like to get a look at them ahead of time, over the next few months, before they make their way into the Old Maiden Aunt shop? so, i've decided to set up my first ever yarn club - the 2010 preview club! here's how it will work:
- it will run for three months, with parcels being mailed out at the end of october, november, and december.
- each parcel will contain two skeins of sock yarn in two different colourways (i’ll be sticking to the superwash merino/blends for this club, so by the end of the three months you will have received two skeins each of 100% superwash merino, superwash merino/bamboo, and superwash merino/cashmere/nylon, with six different colourways in total) plus a few extra little treats (no patterns will be included in the club).
- each of the colourways will be brand-new, never-seen-before-in-the-web-shop, and will not be available for general purchase until january 2010, at which point they will form part of the new 2010 colourway collection. i would ask that you not sell on any of the yarns during the three months of the club (trading is ok).
- the club will cost £75 for UK/EU members and £85 for non-UK/EU members, and includes six skeins of sock yarn & all postage costs (plus a few wee treats!).
- the club will be limited to 50 members (although i’m not sure if that many will even be interested, but hey, who knows!).
if you’re interested in the yarn club, please send me an email with “2010 preview club” in the subject line, and your name, country, & contact details (email and/or ravelry name) in the body of the message. i’ll be taking emails up until 1st october 2009 - if i get more than 50, i’ll pull 50 names out of a hat; less than 50, & everyone who emailed me will get offered a place in the club. at that point, i’ll send out an email to let you know how to purchase your club membership, and i’ll start dyeing up a storm! (please note that sending me an email doesn’t mean you absolutely have to purchase a club membership - if circumstances change & you’re no longer interested that’s ok.)
if you have any questions or comments please let me know - i’d love to hear what you all think about my idea! if there’s anything i haven’t covered, please ask & i’ll do my best to answer. & if you know anyone else who might be interested, pass it on - the more the merrier :)
p.s. i can’t tell you yet what sorts of colourways you might be getting, but i can tell you that if you’re a fan of deep, dark, rich colours, this might be right up your alley ;)