Friday, July 24, 2009

it's not you - it's me

have you ever been in a relationship where, although you've been together for some time now, you can't quite shake the feeling that something just isn't right? you seem to be putting in all the time & effort, and your other half just isn't pulling their weight. and although you try to keep going, there finally comes a point where you have to admit it - this just isn't working.

midnight monkeys
one entire monkey sock... which doesn't fit.


sure, you can try to ignore the obvious. you can try to distract yourself with other things.

noro striped socks
lovely noro striped socks, which do fit!!


but eventually, you just have to come clean - you just don't fit. you're at a stage in your life where you really just want some time on your own. you need to spend more time on your career. you just don't feel like you have anything left to give.

goodbye...
goodbye, monkey...


it's not you - it's me.....

6 comments:

Kathleen said...

You and that monkey can just go your separate ways...
;-)

stancesandstitches said...

Luckily those Noro socks are gorgeous. But yes, I do empathize with that disappointment in a project you loved and had such high hopes for. Sigh.

Mikki said...

I love the shot of your autofrogger. Takes the trouble out of ripping, doesn't it? Congrats on realizing it just wasn't working!

Liz said...

Life's just too short to knit ill-fitting socks.

Dorothy said...

I got married at 21 to a man I'd known 4 years - I was very surprised that our marriage turned out just as you describe, and the harder I tried to make it work, the less he did. One day, after 4 years, I just got up and went. It wasn't the ideal way to end a relationship, but we couldn't talk about it as he'd stopped bothering to talk to me!!

My mother said, isn't a bad marriage better than none at all? um, no!!

One of my friends said that in some relationships you become half the person you were, and in others you become double the person you were on your own. I was lucky (or wiser) and found the other sort of relationship next time around, 15 years on it's going strong.

Best wishes, take care.

Flavaknits said...

Yep its ribbit ribbit time in this house too! I think itst ime for me to start knitting chunky yarn! lol
Mx