Wednesday, June 03, 2009

yarn mountain

sorry i haven't been around here much lately - i'm hoping things will get a little more "normal" soon. i've been very busy building a yarn mountain...

yarn mountain
(for scale, this windowsill is about 10 feet wide by 4 feet deep, and the sheep perched on top is about the size of my head)


i'm one of the marketplace vendors at UK Ravelry Day, and i've been busy dyeing up mountains of stock to take with me - it's my first time ever as a standalone vendor at a big fibre event, and i've been very worried that i wouldn't have enough yarn ready (seriously). now, i'm worried that i've dyed a bit too much - do you think i can fit all this plus three passengers in a clio?? (cozy.)
since i'm taking as much yarn as i can carry, i've set all stock levels in the shop at zero to avoid any duplicate sales - i'll be filling up the shop next week with whatever doesn't sell on saturday.
i'm heading down on friday for the day's event on saturday - wish me luck, and if youre coming down for the day, please come see me at stall #16 (map here) - i'd love to meet you!!
most of my prep work for the weekend is done, so there's only one thing left to do...

help!


(p.s. - bring me large quantities of wine & chocolate, please.)

10 comments:

soCherry said...

wow!! well done - it's going to be great :)
See you there
Elaine x

Paula said...

Good luck. I'm sure you will do very well.

Black Purl said...

I am soooooooooo looking forward to your stall in the Marketplace. The Homecoming Collection is just gorgeous and I'm dreaming of something in lon-dubh. I'll make sure to come by and say hello!

Kathleen said...

I just want to assume the stance and dive into your yarn mountain.
It looks fantastic!
Hoping all goes well for you, K x

BabyLongLegs said...

Thats a mountain of yarn :)
It's my first ime as a standalone vendor too.....bit nervous ;)

Come and say hi??

S xXx

rho said...

that is a mountain of yarn - but I really want that head size sheep :D

RooKnits said...

I'll be there... looking forward to rummaging around all that stock. P.s. I can fit rather a lot of yarn in my Clio :o) It's very squishy!

Victoria said...

Good luck, I hope it goes really well and that you come home with lots and lots of space in the car!

Liz said...

I'll definitely be along to say "hi" - I've got my eye on some of that lovely fibre.

Helen said...

Me & Ange will be stopping by to say Hi - if you get stuck for space talk to me nicely, should be space in my boot! (Not sure about the way back though...I'm thinking wheel if there are any, and Ange is muttering about looms)