Wednesday, December 03, 2008

grand opening....


it might not be too grand, but it will be open! the studio is finally taking shape, and i'll definitely be open for business soon - in fact, my "grand opening" will be this friday (5th december) at west kilbride's yule night festivities & late night shopping.
my new studio space is huge, with a ton of natural light (even in the dreich & dreary winter weather). & now that the stressful bit of getting ready is almost over, i'm starting to get pretty excited about it all! it's all thanks to the west kilbride craft initiative - a great project which is buying up vacant/derelict shop spaces on west kilbride's main street, and converting them into studios which are then rented out (at a very cheap rate!) to local artists & crafters.
the spaces are primarily working studios, but they're also open to the public - each artist sets their own opening hours, but all of us have to commit to a certain amount of hours per week. once i'm officially open, i'll be open wednesday to saturday from 12-4pm (although i'll most likely be there outwith those hours as well!) - so if you want to drop by please feel free!
& since i'm open to the public, i can now sell my yarn in person as well as online - look, i even have stuff in the window!!


how cool is that???
so if you're not busy this friday night, & you want to come say hi, please do - i'm in studio 99b, right on west kilbride's main street. wish me luck...

8 comments:

Kathleen said...

May I say what a cool address that is? 99B- I'll be looking out for that. x K

Liz said...

Wishing you absolutely tons of luck! I hope lots of people drop in to see what you're doing (and to buy yarn).

soCherry said...

I'm so bummed that I can't come - but good luck, and hope you have a great time!!

It looks great - I'm so impressed!
Elaine x

Helen said...

I can smell the wool fumes from here!!! I was in town briefly earlier in the week and saw the pretty yarn in the window, lucky for you I was in the car otherwise there'd have been nose prints on the window :-)

Ruthcrafts said...

That's so cool! Well done you - I hope it goes really well :)

Anni said...

Wow, what a great idea re the craft initiative. Good luck.

Kathleen y said...

Looks great, see you soon!

Kathleen and Katie xxx

SaffyPlus4 said...

I wish you all the best - am totally delighted I will now have a supply of lovely hand dyed yarn within just a few minutes drive.