Friday, November 28, 2008

a few bright spots

the dark clouds of november continue to hover (more bad news, this time family/health related - seriously, november isn't going well at all, and it's getting to be a bit much). but this week, for me at least, there have been a few little bright spots to keep me going.

my ears have been brightened & my spirit has been lifted by the lovely elaine, who gave me her old & my now brand-new-to-me ipod mini, complete with uber-funky anti-scratch cover...

hello. i am funky.


also from elaine, although indirectly (i finally spent the gift voucher she gave me for my birthday waaaay back in july!), some lovely new yarn to brighten up my yarn stash. more posh yarn laceweight cashmere, in an oddly familiar colourway - i was inexplicably & irresistably drawn to this colourway as soon as i saw it, and didn't even realise how close it was to one i've already used until it arrived & i saw them both together - whoops. good thing i like the colour...

posh yarn sophia fern
hello. i am a copycat.


& despite the gray days, there's always the freshly-painted bright white walls of my new studio space...

hello. i am freshly painted.


oh wait, did i mention that i have a new studio space??? ahem. i got the keys this wednesday, & it's a work in progress to say the least (it's been painted, and i've moved in the couple of things that you can see above). cupboard units & a big counter are going in this weekend, and the rest of my stuff should be there next week, just in time for me to have my official "launch night" to coincide with this. so if you're going to be anywhere near west kilbride next friday (unlikely, eh?) feel free to come say hi - i'll be the one huddled in the corner, stressed out & eating my hair.

4 comments:

Flavaknits said...

Well, I might just venture down the coast if I can get a babysitter! It sounds exciting - thats wonderful news , you have a new studio.
Sorry to hear things not going well, hope better news is on its way.


Mx

Helen said...

I shall most likely be moseying about the town, I shall try and call in to say hi. There's quite a few knitters in the village and as far as I know none of them bite so no need to be alarmed! Here's to a better December.

Twelfthknit said...

I shall most likely NOT be moseying about town, but good luck :0)

Jeanne said...

Nice yarn! Hope things get better soon!