Wednesday, April 30, 2008

what a letdown

well, it's been another one of those weeks here (and hey, it's only wednesday!). in fact, it's been another one of those months. you know the kind - where nothing serious is wrong, but somehow, little things keep going wrong all over the place.
i'm still, STILL struggling with my online shop (i'm not linking to it, because it's either not there or incredibly ugly, & neither of those options are great for promoting my little business). & i'm at the point now where i'm in discussions with a lovely person who i will hopefully be hiring to design the shop site for me - i've given up, it's time to call in the professionals -but they need admin access to my server, and i've done something which has essentially broken my site so badly that i can't get admin access to my own server, let alone give it to somebody else! my hosting tech support is looking into it, so now i just have to wait (im)patiently until they get back to me, and hope that they can fix it soon. it's been giving me a serious headache, and taking away from my oh-so-valuable knitting time.
as a result, my april sweater-a-month project is definitely not finished - i have about a hundred rows to go, and with approximately five hundred stitches per row, i'm not going to finish before the end of april (that is to say, in less than six hours!). i'm a little disappointed that i didn't finish it within the month, but i think i may have overestimated the amount of uninterrupted knitting time i actually have - this wasn't a pattern i could work on while distracted, so i was limited to working on it in my (fairly non-existent)"quiet time". but i'm consoled by the fact that it's so, so pretty:

april closeup
look how pretty i am!!


i am bloodied but unbowed, however, and have already cast on for my may sweater ("everyday tweed" by marie grace, which is an actual sweater this time). i'm making it from the colinette cadenza that i bought on my trip to their mill shop, which has already been knitted into almost an entire sweater before mercilessly being ripped out (not the yarn's fault - it's lovely, i just wasn't happy with my sweater design). the may sweater is a top-down, one-piece raglan-in-the-round, and is mainly stockinette with a little shaping, so it should be something that i can work on steadily no matter what distractions come my way! & i'll continue working on my april shawl whenever i have a little quiet time - maybe i'll get that done in may as well, and that way my knitting average is still a sweater a month.
hopefully, things will pick up here soon, and i'll be able to post something a little less grumpy!!

No comments: