now that the march sweater is finally finished (ok, i'm calling it "finished" even though i still need to sew the ends in - so there), i can, at last, think about april! & i've already decided on my next sweater-a-month project...
ok, so it's not technically a sweater (it is, in actual fact, a shawl). but i'm quite prepared to call it a sweater, & here's why:
- it will, like a sweater, cover my arms from shoulder to wrist & my torso from neck to waist (or, possibly, even longer).
- it takes 1200 yards of yarn to knit, which is about the same amount as an averge-sized adult sweater takes.
- it's a shawl, but it's a square variation of a faroese-style shawl, which means it will wrap completely around me (none of this tiny triangular shawl nonsense!)
- i'm knitting it in posh yarn's 100% cashmere laceweight, and i needed to come up with an excuse to use this absolutely heavenly yarn. like, NOW. everyone needs a little cashmere in their life.
- after the seemingly endless march sweater, i'm a little bit ...whispers... bored with sweaters at the moment.
if none of these sound like good reasons, how about this one: it's my challenge, and i'll do what i like!!