Wednesday, May 09, 2007

like crack

it started fairly innocuously, with a pair for my knitty sock swap pal, bryghtrose.

12feb07


then, i wanted a pair for myself - after all, it's a very nice pattern, so much fun to knit, & i had this lovely koigu waiting patiently in the wings - what harm could it do?

28apr07


after i finished them (just barely over a week ago, if you're keeping track) i felt odd. bereft, almost; a little sad, a little lost. it took me just over a week to realise what i was missing.

08may07


yes, it's my third pair of monkey socks - this time, in socks that rock lightweight in "puck's mischief". & seriously - it's sock crack. i can't stop. it's sucking up (socking up?) my energy, my attention, & all my knitting time; i only started this pair last night & they're already only 5 rows away from the heel flap. & it feels so good...
if you haven't already tried it, go get yourself some monkey!! all the cool kids are doing it...

5 comments:

cathy said...

I'll just let you knit my monkey-- oh wait, you already did. :)

I am knitting my first cookie a. pattern right now- pomopotomopoti - you know, the P-word socks. They're fun. I might try monkeys myself later

Cara said...

I have Puck's Mischief in the stash - they look GREAT! Love them all!

scarybez said...

All the cool kids indeed :)

Midsummer night's knitter said...

Funny you said all the cool kids are in on it - how did you know I was half way through the second sock??
India

the rachface said...

Your socks are awesome! Who said you shouldn't do what all the other kids are doing? ;)