Tuesday, May 15, 2007

interview me!

in response to this post over at creampuff revolution, i screwed up my courage & asked the fabulous creampuff to interview me. i was a bit worried (if you've ever read her blog, you'll probably understand why - who knows what she would come up with for interview questions?) but ... here are her questions, & my answers!

If you could have any superpower, what would it be? "Knitting faster" is not an option.
um... knitting faster?? oh right, you said not that. ok... i always wished i could have some serious mental powers like jean gray from xmen (without the whole split personality/going completely crazy/dying that happens in the films, of course). & plus, if i was telekinetic, i could knit with the power of my mind!

Which embarassing teen film did you feel captured the essence of your experience but now, when you watch it, makes you cringe?
i can't think of a film that fits this criteria as i didn't really watch too many movies when i was a teenager - i was more of a reader. the book that i read as a teenager & thought "this is my life!!" was (oh dear, do i really have to answer?) girl, interrupted by susanna kaysen. so embarrassing now, but the tale of teen angst, depression, & writing bad poetry was what i was all about back then. the movie is ok mostly because is has angelina jolie in it, but i wouldn't ever read the book again.

Who was the first person to ever make you go weak in the knees?
sigh... i'll call her "D" (since that's pretty close to her actual name). i met her when i was in my third year of university; her partner was in my lesbian poetry class (yes, really). D was the first seriously butch dyke i'd ever met, and when we were introduced, i just about fainted. i was new on the gay scene, having just come out a few months before, & was pretty insecure around other dykes as i'd yet to have a girlfriend. probably because of this, & despite the fact that i was pretty good friends with her long-term partner, i got quite drunk at a party & confessed my undying love to her. then, she moved to vancouver with her partner. i prefer to think that these two things are not related.
(an interesting side effect of this question was the sudden need to google everyone i have ever crushed on to see what they're up to now. the cool little boy i had a huge thing for in grade school is now, disappointingly, a real estate agent, and one of my artsy highschool boyfriends is a semi-well-known indie film maker in toronto! googling people is fun.)

You have six months, perfect physical and mental health, unlimited funds, and no responsibilities. What do you do?
yikes - i'm overwhelmed! a lot of traveling, for sure - there's a ton of places that i'd love to go to but haven't seen yet due to limitations of time & money. also, i'd use my unlimited funds to buy a little house somewhere quiet & remote, with a granny flat at the back of the garden for my mum, a pet donkey, & an entire, mothproof room for my yarn stash.

What's the best thing about where you live?
two words - the sea. i'm in a 2 bedroom flat, moderately sized but not huge, in a building with a pub on the ground floor (so it can be a bit noisy). but every window except for the kitchen looks onto the sea, and we're just across the road from a beach. in the summer the lovely sunny days are perfect for taking the pup for long walks on the beach; in the winter we can wrap up warmly, make hot chocolate, and look out the window at the crashing waves... perfect!

& if you want to play along:
here are the rules of the interview post. participate - IF YOU DARE.
leave me a comment saying, “interview me!”
i'll send you five questions of my choosing; you must update your blog with the answers to the questions, whether you like them or not!
you have to include this explanation, and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
when others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
that's it!

2 comments:

Midsummer night's knitter said...

Oh, go on then, interview me (you know, I'm not so worried about being interviewed, it's more coming up with questions if someone wants me to interview them...)
India

roro said...

Oh man - *I* read Girl, Interrupted too and was all "It's like my LIFE!" except that for me, it really wasn't. Thanks for playing along and for your fantastic responses. I wish I could knit with the power of my mind too . . .