Thursday, May 24, 2007

a couple of little things

- the test sock is looking good so far! the stripes are coming out clearly & in the right proportion, and they didn't even get muddled going over the heel & instep. i'll be dyeing more self-striping sock yarn in the next few days, so look out for it appearing on the old maiden aunt site!


- the refootable sock is going well; it looks pretty weird at the moment (i'm halfway down the instep) but i think it's going to be really nice. it's strange knitting back & forth across the instep, but it makes it grow very quickly (even though i don't normally like purling as it slows me down). the yarn (socks that rock in "red rock canyon") might have something to do with how much i'm enjoying it.

23may07


- & most exciting of all, i got a new tattoo! i've been planning it for a while but just couldn't find the right design; finally, i found something i liked & the tattoo artist (francesco at kaya tattoos in glasgow) helped redesign it until it was exactly perfect.


it's three little butterflies, one tucked up behind my right ear, and two on my right wrist. it's been a good few years since i had my last tattoo so i didn't quite remember how getting tattooed felt & was quite worried about it, but everything was fine.
and in relation to the last post, yes, it is from the simpsons - this episode to be precise. i thought more people would have known that!! ikkinlala, email me with your address & i'll send you the book!!

4 comments:

Midsummer night's knitter said...

Hmm, I think that counts as 2 tattoos....looks good, I like the behind-the-ear one particularly. Think I'll show this post to Number Guy - that'll get him agitated ;0)
India

cathy said...

I like those tattoos a lot.

scarybez said...

Wow, great tattoos Lilith. Out of interest what does it feel like? I've recently been considering getting one myself, spurred on by getting another piercing... although not sure if I could sit still for long enough whilst they do it.

Kathleen said...

Your tatoos look like fine filigree.