Sunday, April 01, 2007

oh, the places we'll go

introducing the new car...

30mar07


isn't she cute! she doesn't have a name yet, but is undeniably a girl car (& will of course be named once i've got to know her a bit better). it took a few minutes for me to get back in the habit of driving, but apart from a slightly hairy moment at an intersection (where i was being a bit too cautious, and not one, but two drivers decided they couldn't be bothered to wait for me & instead would cut around me & turn across in front of me instead of letting me go) it's been fine.
& oh, the wondrous places we can get to now that we have our own transport!!
yes, well...

31mar07


we needed flooring for the ex-workshop room, & it was cheapest here. after a few wrong turns & several trips around the same roundabouts, we managed to find it, and then got sucked into the strange time-warp that is ikea. somehow, even if you only go in for a couple of things, the entire afternoon seems to disappear....
& even though we only went in for flooring, i managed to sneak a couple of bright spring furnishing things into the pile of purchases as well - they were so cheerful, i couldn't resist.


maybe our next car trip will be to somewhere more exciting, but for now, i'm just enjoying having freedom again. & also new cushions...

3 comments:

Midsummer night's knitter said...

It's great having wheels, isn't it? And it'll make feeding your addiction, I mean getting to work, that but easier.

India

cathy said...

What a cute car :)

I understand about IKEA. We finally have one near me, and even though it's been open for over a year, traffic getting there is still horrible. The only way I'll go is if I leave the house really early and get there at 9am when it opens.

anne said...

LOVE the new car! congratulations