Monday, April 23, 2007

cat's paws

my littlest sister catriona asked me to make her a pair of fingerless gloves for her birthday present, & as i've now been told that they've arrived safely (her birthday, incidentally, was at the beginning of march - oops) i can post some details without ruining the surprise!
presenting the "cat's paws" fingerless gloves:


project specs:
started 14th march, completed 11th april (this probably could have been a much faster knit, but i kept getting distracted by other things - sorry, little sis!)
yarn: fleece artist merino sock yarn in "ebony", less than half of a 100 gram skein
needles: 2.5mm rosewood holz & stein double-pointed needles
pattern: my own, but using eunny jang's excellent endpaper mitts for tips on shaping the thumb gusset, & marnie mclean's hooray for me gloves for help with knitting the fingers
this was my first time working with fleece artist sock yarn, and it was absolutely gorgeous - beautiful colours, and the yarn was very soft & sproingy. luckily, i have more than half a skein left, so i might knit a pair of these gloves for myself as well (just to use up the leftovers, you know). the fingers were very fiddly to knit though, so my next pair might just end at the knuckles like eunny's mitts do - it's much simpler that way!

1 comment:

roro said...

Very fetching! Love the colour.