Thursday, March 29, 2007

eep

most unexpectedly...
i have a new job!!
& not just any job - a job here....


28mar07


yes, that's right - a knitting shop!!!!!
i only found out on monday that kathleen (the lovely shop owner) was looking for a temporary part-timer to help cover her upcoming maternity leave, so of course i immediately phoned up & arranged to go in & see her yesterday afternoon. & after what was probably the best job interview i've ever had (think coffee, knitting, & chatting) i was offered the job! i'm now in shock... it happened far too quickly for me to take in properly, and i may be wandering about for the next couple of days asking people to pinch me, just to make sure i'm not dreaming.
it seems as though it will be perfect for me. it's part time, so i'll still have time to do the other things that i enjoy (like the handspun) but it means that i'll have more money coming in (which will be a nice change!). & after the training period, i'll mostly be working in the shop on my own, which i'll love - no busy offices for me! the only slightly worrying thing is that it means my little pup will be on his own all day for the days that i'm working, so i may have to arrange for someone to come in & visit him on those days. he can manage on his own for up to seven hours (mostly he just sleeps - probably on the couch!) but with travel time i'd be out of the house for just over eight hours, so that might be pushing it. i'm in for the full day on tuesday with kathleen to start learning about the shop, so that will be the pup's test run as well - i'll see how he manages on his own for the day & then decide. i'm hoping that if i take him for a nice big walk just before i leave, and then have everything ready at the front door to whisk him straight out again for another big walk when i get back, that he'll be fine - a little grumpy, perhaps, but he'll adjust, & it'll only be a couple of days a week. fingers crossed....
& in other exciting news, i'm picking my car up tomorrow - this week just gets better & better!!

10 comments:

sarai. said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you.

roro said...

Congrats on the new gig! That's so fantastic!! I'm sure your pup will understand when you explain that you'll have more coin for dog treats. Dogs always listen to reason.

scarybez said...

Wow - fantastic news! I thought about you when I read India's recent blog post - it seems the ideal job for you. It's been a while since I've visited Fankle - I'll have to pop by sometime to stock up on yarn of the sock weight variety...

Kathleen said...

That's brilliant news. I'm really happy for you. x K

Flavaknits said...

Congratulations Lilith! I had the same thought as Sarah when I read Indias blog - what a fabulous job, am soooo jealous! Have fun.

kelda said...

Congratulations - wonderful news!

Victoria said...

Congratulations!
Have ben reading your blog for a little while and am really happy for you (and a little envious!). When I have to leave my dog for a while I leave him a Kong toy with pate in it, some semi-hidden treats for him to find, the radio on and full access to the sofa!

yvette said...

Congratulations on your new job, I visited the shop when I was home a few weeks ago, its very nice.
Re- your pup, maybe you can find a dog-walker in your area, I know someone who has just started advertising this service for people who work all day.

thomasina said...

OMG - you're living the dream!

anne said...

i'm SO thrilled for you—this is exactly the kind of job you need, and you'll be wonderful in it! so happy for you