Friday, February 23, 2007

sock swap!

finally, something that has (albeit briefly) lifted me out of the bleahs... my package from the knitty sock swap arrived today!!

23feb07


my lovely pal bryghtrose sent me a parcel stuffed with goodies - roving from spunky eclectic (which i've always wanted to try), hand-dyed sock yarn, dark truffle chocolate, and of course the pair of socks she knitted especially for me. she even made up her own pattern for them based on a "lily-of-the-valley" lace, with sparkly beads!


the close-up picture on the left is a better representation of the yarn colourway - it's blue moon socks that rock lightweight in "pop rocks". & if pink & sparkly socks can't lift me out of the bleahs, i don't know what can...
& here's the socks i sent to bryghtrose in exchange - i've just found out she got them safely so i can post a picture now without ruining the surprise.


12feb07


the pattern is monkey from knitty, and the yarn is cherry tree hill supersock in colourway "cabin fever". the socks were a great knit, & i liked the pattern so much i'm already planning a pair for myself - maybe with my new sock yarn?

3 comments:

cathy said...

Yay for a great swap :)

iSeL said...

Beautiful Monkeys!
Thanks for you input. :D

The Crafty Otter said...

I love those monkey socks! I've got some CTH that needs using up myself and was hoping to find a textured or lacy pattern that works; this might be it! Thanks.