Monday, February 19, 2007

showing off

oooooh....


look what i can do! it's the revised attempt at the first endpaper mitt, a free pattern from eunny jang's blog. this was my first try at stranded knitting, and i was surprised at how easy it actually was. it's very slightly lumpy as i didn't get my tension completely right, and pulled my stitches rather too tightly in more than a few places. & the bind-off at the thumb is also fractionally too tight, as it was my first try doing a kitchener rib bind-off. but the mitt is soft, snug, & cozy, & 'm so impressed with myself!
the brown yarn is the rowanspun dk in "sludge" that i used when i initially tried the pattern, and the green is a skein of koigu kpm (although the ball band has disappeared & i can't remember the colourway). it's a much brighter contrast than the first attempt & i think it's a vast improvement. & now that i know what i did wrong on the first one (loosen up!) the second should be perfect...

9 comments:

roro said...

Wow - those are gorgeous! And just the thing for typing in this chilly weather!

soCherry said...

wow! they're beautiful! will you bring them along to the next meet so that I may fondle them ;)

Elaine x

cathy said...

They're beautiful :) That pattern is my next knit--once I finish up some socks and free up some needles.

Kathleen said...

Looking really good. You are right about the colours, these shades you're using now are so effective.

Midsummer night's knitter said...

Yowza!

thomasina said...

Those look great. I'm really tempted to try a pair (not that I need any more fingerless mittens).

Flavaknits said...

They look fabulous! The contrasting colours work really well together.

Juliet said...

those are seriously wonderful - they are just even better in your photo than on the sublime Eunnys's site, now I am going to have to try and find time to knit something else (damn) and in a different colour (you've already just chosen the perfect colourway). Very gorgeous.

parikha said...

hi there - just wanted to let you know that you won the book contest on my blog! please send me your mailing information so i can send the book to you.

that mitt looks great, by the way :)