Thursday, January 18, 2007

things fall apart

first there was this...

that would be my very expensive, absolutely lovely, most favourite double pointed sock needles in the whole entire world, the holz & stein ebony needles. broken. there are no words.
luckily, the very nice lady that i bought them from has the best customer service in the world, and has vowed that no matter what, i will have five needles again, so at least that's some comfort.
and then, there was this...


remember how i said that my "not buying stuff" policy would exempt a new pair of jeans, because i've needed a new pair for a while now? well, the new jeans situation is now an emergency (creampuff knows what i'm talking about). maybe i could be a backup singer in the chafetains - at least it would take my mind off waiting for my replacement needles.

4 comments:

soCherry said...

Gah! That happens to me all the time - damned thigh-rubbage! I've recently bought some Gap ones that are fabby, DPs is quite good too.

sorry abt your needles :(

Elaine x

cathy said...

Oh no! That's a lot to go wrong at once. Hopefully you'll get perfect jeans soon.

roro said...

Nooooooooooooooo!! I'll send you some sheet music for the chafetains latest tour. I just had a pair of jeans disintegrate on me yesterday - at least I was at home this time.

So sorry about the needles - they look gorgeous! Which reminds me, I need to e-mail you about that toe-up sock pattern . . .

dancingnic said...

Hey Lilith,

The death of a fav pair of jeans is a sad sad day, but all is not lost!
If you are interested and so inclined, I could tell you a way to fix the jeans as good as new! Not difficult!

If you are Glasgow based I could even mend them for you easy peasy! I'm trying to build a portfolio and eventually start a kickass seamstress business so I don't mind the practice!


Dancingnic