Wednesday, October 18, 2006

the good...

remember this? well, it was worth it... i won!


nothing like some sock yarn & chocolate to make up for the embarrassment of outing myself as a former corey feldman fan. the sock yarn is opal hundertwasser in "silver spiral", a limited edition sock yarn inspired by Friedensreich Hundertwasser, a famous Austrian artist. thank you crafty fox!!
then the resident sock appreciator arrived home from work with a present for me - i was a bit sad yesterday so the RSA decided something was needed to cheer me up, and spotted this in a shop in town....


not only is it super cute, it's full of candy - who wouldn't be cheered up by that?
and last but definitely not least, my needles from celtic swan forge arrived today. although molly at celtic swan makes beautiful dpns for sock knitting, she can't knit socks, so she had put out a call to sock knitters for a barter - a pair of knitted socks for a set of hand-forged bronze dpns. how could i resist that? i sent off my socks & received these today.


they look absolutely gorgeous - i'll be casting on a new pair of socks with them later so i'll let you know how they knit.

1 comment:

tatjana said...

Yay! I'm so glad you got everything ok, I've been behind on blogs so I didn't see your post before. Hope the yarn makes pretty socks :)