Tuesday, October 03, 2006

cherry bomb


the dyeing & spinning experiments continue, as does work on the prototype project - a test knit for a hat kit that i'm hoping to sell, incorporating handspun yarn, a basic pattern of my own invention, and some pewter charms for embellishment, all based around a central theme (different theme ideas are still being played around with, so any suggestions are gratefully accepted - if i use your theme, i'll send you... i don't know, some chocolate?).
the prototype hat used the "cherry flame" dyed merino/silk handspun, and since my order of charms hasn't arrived yet, i improvised & used a beaded cherry stitchmarker for decoration. i've had the above song in my head since i started dyeing & blending the fibres, so the cherry embellishments seemed appropriate:


elaine is going to have a table at the next miso funky market in glasgow (october 21st - come and buy things please!) & i'm hoping to put some handspun up for sale on a wee corner of her table, as well as some more hat kits. i've been spinning, dyeing and blending fibres like a madwoman to get things ready in time as well as test-knitting the prototype & working out any pattern kinks. i'm hoping that people will like the hat kits - whenever i see single skeins of a nice handspun, my first thought is usually "pretty - but what would i use it for??" so i'm hoping if it's in a kit form, that question will be answered & people will be more likely to buy it... we'll see.

1 comment:

Nell said...

Lilth, I think the kit idea is great! A brilliant gift idea. I often think what can I do with that lovely handspun too. I've combined yours with some brown alpaca that you gave me AGES ago that's been waiting for something special. :)