Monday, October 23, 2006

buy my wares...

the market was a success! i sold two hat kits & a skein of handspun, and made a grand total of enough to cover the materials cost for all the hat kits i've made thus far. wheee!! elaine took some pics of the stall which i'll post as soon as she sends them to me. there were a lot of favourable comments from people at the market, so i'll definitely be doing the next one as well, and hopefully will sell even more as it gets closer to xmas & people start to think about gifts for the knitter in their life.
in the meantime i've set up another blog with the kits & yarn i've still got for sale; please go over & have a look! if you're interested in buying a hat but find the pics on the blog too small to know for sure, let me know and i can email you a bigger & better picture to help you make up your mind. you can find a link to the new site in the sidebar, or click here!

p.s. elaine said that the person who bought the two hat kits is a reader of my blog; so, hi! how are you? & thanks for buying stuff!! :) if you can leave me a comment so i know who you are that would be great - and i'd love it if you could send me a picture of the finished hats...
& thanks to dancingnic for buying the skein of "bluebird" handspun, and leaving me such a nice comment as well as posting about it on her blog! again, i'd love to see what you make out of it...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey
My name is Jo and I bought 2 of your hat kits! 'stawberry beret' is complete -yay! I really enjoyed knitting with the yarn and once I got over the Maths (!) found the pattern no bother to follow. Am really pleased with the result and just need to block it which I will do at the weekend. Will try to send you a photo a.s.a.p. 'Let it snow' I'm going to knit as a christmas pressie for a friend so I'll let you know how that goes too. Well done with the kits they're really lovely. I enjoy reading your blog too. Regards, Jo

tigerlilith said...

yay - hi jo!! you're officially my first ever customer in my new venture so i think you deserve some chocolate or something :) thanks for letting me know how you got on with the pattern - i'm glad it worked out well. i'd only tested it on myself but as i'm completely rubbish at maths i figured if i could do it, anyone could :) i'd be really excited to see pics of the finished hats - there's an email address over at the hat kit blog that you could send them to. thanks!!